Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Feedback From Doha, Qatar

Was it Confucius who once wrote: “To be immortal, you need to do any of three things; have a son, write a book or plant a tree”? I guess he forgot to mention another way: Teach in SLC! Nothing is more heartwarming or more uplifting than knowing that you were part of a Louisian’s life, playing a role, however small, in the process of his transformation from an eager-to-learn kid into a responsible and competent professional. A teacher’s legacy is perpetuated by those whose lives he touched through his vocation. Proof is Klasmeyt Ailyn. She may have gone ahead but her memory will linger and her name will be talked about for generations to come because she shared herself so generously to her students, and by extension to their sons and daughters.

Let’s hear it from Noel Estillore, one of the brightest out of SLC engineering in recent years…





Happy New Year sir!!

First of all, I want to congratulate you for creating such a wonderful blogsite for Engineering Alumni of SLC there in the UAE. Thanks to the email message of Ma’am Fe but sad to say she sent it to me to inform about the death of Ma’am Ailyn. Anyway, like what your poem says, she is free now and I strongly believe that God welcomed her into heaven's gate.

I am also inspired by the story of your life sir, how you overcame obstacles and be what you are at this very moment. It is very pleasing to see fellow CEA Alumni there in the UAE including my batch mate Chester Tabios who as you mentioned was the youngest batch who came during your reunion.

Well, time flies so fast sir. Like you, I am also a member of the mga "BAGONG BAYANI" as what we are called in our country. I am now about a year here in DOHA, QATAR. By the way, I want to say sorry to Engr. Theody Raul Nones for not responding to his offer for me to work there before due to the rigors of my former work. Hope that when we see each other he will still talk to me hehehe; and who knows one day I will be there in the UAE.
(For your info by the way, Raul has a new name: Engr. Theory Raul Nones. He was the well-known instructor for Theody of Structures hehehe - icarus)

Before I write this message, I was busy telling of you to my co-workers here, mostly about my age and graduates of the University of the Philippines and University of Santo Tomas. I was very proud to tell them that you are my mentor (and that SLC Engineering Graduates are one of the best in the world with you as a proof to that along with my other instructors, and me maybe (kapal)). But joking aside, I am very proud to be a Louisian and being a part of your teaching life. I consider you to be one of the best instructors that I've ever got.

There's a certain feeling of envy in me because of the fact that you were able to find time to see each other there in the UAE and spent time with your colleagues and former students there. It gives me an idea that I can also look for all SLC Engineering alumni here in doha and also spend time with one another. Thank you also for creating a blogspot where we can also participate with your discussions (I am going to send this to all louisians here)).

Although the happiness of this new year would not be complete because of the loss of Ma’am Ailyn, i know that the unity of SLC Engineering Alumni would always be there. I am glad that I am also a part of it.

Happy New Year sir, please extend also my regards to Engr. Theody Raul Nones, Engr. Flor Doctolero, Engr. Ludy Aquino and to all there who may know me.

I remain;

Noel D. Estillore
BSCE 2004
Design & Calculation/Site Engineer, TTCC
Doha, Qatar




I took the liberty of publishing Noel’s letter before I could even ask for his permission. Letters like his is what we need to keep the camaraderie alive. Keep in touch, Noel. We will be constantly monitoring your progress as you continue your climb to the very top. As a Louisian, be proud…be very, very proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment